Keeping you up-to-date on our work to increase your salary, improve and protect your benefits, and aggressively represent your professional interests in every forum where they are at stake.
CASE BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE
New Member Benefit: Case Members can receive 2 free tickets to LA Kings home games. We’ve partnered with the LA Kings to provide you with two (2) complimentary tickets to a select LA Kings home game this season! Of course, there’s some fine print: some fees may still apply. Tickets are subject to availability and blackout dates and must be requested at least 72 hours prior to the game. Tickets will be delivered 24 hours prior to the game via the LA Kings mobile app. To claim yours, visit: CASE | LA Kings Complimentary Ticket Offer and use the promo Code: CASE
Headed to the DWC Conference? The 30th Annual California DWC Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference is back in person this year and CASE will be there, in both northern and southern California. If you’re attending, we want to meet you! Stop by the CASE booth, meet CASE Directors and staff, and grab some members-only CASE swag. Find us at the Oakland Marriott City Center March 9-10 and at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott March 23-24.
If you’re new to state service, CalPERS suggests you take a few steps to learn how to access, manage, and understand your retirement benefits:
- Set up a myCalPERS account. It’s your gateway to conduct business with the fund electronically.
- Visit the New CalPERS Member page to find out about your benefits, forms to complete, and other savings plans available to you.
- Enroll in CalPERS’ free “Your CalPERS and You” class to learn things like how your pension benefit is calculated, extra retirement savings plans, what you can find and do in your myCalPERS account, and more. To enroll, log in to myCalPERS and select the Education tab.
- If you’re into social media, follow CalPERS’ on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News of interest to Unit 2 legal professionals:
- California Administrative Judge Proposes Nixing Sunnova Plan for Mini-Grids – Bloomberg
- Huntington Beach vows to continue housing fight, despite state warnings – Los Angeles Times/Daily Pilot
- Appeals court blocks California ban on mandatory arbitration for workers – Reuters
- California state agencies investigating conditions at the two sites of the Half Moon Bay mass killing – CNN
CASE Officer Update. CASE Vice President Jaclyn Grossman has accepted a position as an Assistant Chief Counsel with the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. While we celebrate her promotion, she is no longer able to serve as a CASE Board Member as a management employee. We are saddened by her departure from the CASE Board and we thank Vice President Grossman for her tireless advocacy on behalf of CASE Members at the Bargaining Table and in the Boardroom.
Pursuant to CASE Bylaws, the Board this week appointed Ryan Smith, currently a CASE Director, to Vice President to fulfill the remainder of the current term which expires this fall. Vice President Smith is a DAG IV at the Department of Justice.