CASE BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE
CASE Board Meeting This Friday. The CASE Board meets this Friday, February 9. To attend via zoom, please complete the online registration form (pw: membersmatter22) no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 8. A Zoom link will be sent to all registered members on Friday morning by 9 a.m.
CASE Weighs in on Remote Work Policy. As CASE continues to advocate for maximum telework flexibility and to oppose arbitrary in-office requirements, President Tim O’Connor was interviewed by Politico reporter Lara Korte for a story about state employees and their unions’ reaction to changing telework policies. From Monday’s report:
Some employees have already held public demonstrations in protest, and union leaders plan to push back. Timothy O’Connor, president of the union representing state attorneys, said it’s involved in telework-related arbitrations with 50 different agencies and is “prepared to go all the way to the mat and fight every one.”
You can read the full story here under “Sactown Chatter.”
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News of interest to Unit 2 legal professionals:
- Ousted California National Guard general fires back at state in lawsuit – Politico
- California Aims $2 Billion to Help Students Catch Up From the Pandemic – The New York Times
- Business and agricultural groups sue California over new climate disclosure laws – Associated Press
Serve CASE and Your Colleagues – Become a CASE Local Rep. CASE’s team of all-volunteer local representatives help ensure that CASE members stay informed on union news and help CASE staff identify and solve problems at departments across the state. If you’re interested in recruiting new members, growing CASE’s collective strength, and serving as a resource for your coworkers, then serving as a CASE Local Rep might be for you! Here’s our winter recruitment schedule:
- Applications open February 1 and close March 1.
- Staff Review of Applications – March 1-March 15
- Membership Committee Interviews – March 15-April 30
- Board Approval of Candidates – May 17
- New Local Rep Training – June (Date TBA)