Welcome to this week’s CASE Files, part of our commitment to keep you up-to-date on our work to increase your salary, improve and protect your benefits, and to aggressively represent your interests in every forum where your employment and professional interests are at stake.
CASE BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ UPDATE
July Calendar. Sure, we recognize the just-passed Independence Day, but did you know July is chock full of other special dates? Among them: Capital City Day (July 6), Don’t Step on a Bee Day (July 10), and Holistic Therapy Day (July 26).
Meanwhile, the State Legislature has been on Summer Recess since July 1. They will reconvene August 1, then leave again for Final Recess at the end of the day on August 31. Newly elected or reelected Legislators will be sworn in and get to work in December.
Although lawmakers are on vacation, your CASE Bargaining Team isn’t taking a break. Meetings continue with CalHR to advocate for the salary and benefits that state legal professionals deserve. CASE members know all about what’s going on at the table because they receive the CASE Bargaining Report each week. Not a member? Join CASE today. Apply here.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News Headlines. Recent media reports about agencies and departments that employ Unit 2 legal professionals:
- California climate rules won’t be undercut by Supreme Court’s ruling, experts say
- Around 35,000 Californians are waiting for their wage theft claims to be investigated
- California may rescue its last nuclear power plant — and give PG&E millions to do it
- EDD Recovers $1.1 Billion in Unemployment Insurance Funds — More Investigations and Recoveries to Come
First Member Story Up on Social Media. We’ve been asking for your stories for the last couple of weeks because we think Californians – especially leaders in Sacramento – need to understand the impact your work has on their daily lives. This week, read about DIR Deputy Labor Commissioner (and CASE Board Member) Ray Cervantez and his work investigating allegations against employers who break labor laws.
REMINDER: CASE NEEDS YOUR INPUT
Your Voice Matters. The Bargaining Team needs your contribution:
- Help us answer the question: What does California lose if it loses you? It’s vital that the people of California – and leaders in Sacramento – understand what you do for them. Our fight isn’t just about improving your salary and benefits so you can better provide for your families and future. Our fight is about preserving California’s values – protecting natural resources, enhancing opportunity, and more. Share your story today.
JOIN CASE TODAY!
For now, CASE Files will continue to be delivered weekly to all Unit 2 employees, but our Bargaining Updates are delivered only to members. Stay informed on the important decisions that will impact your salary and benefits by joining CASE today. Join today.