Keeping you up-to-date on our work to increase your salary, improve and protect your benefits, and aggressively represent your professional interests in every forum where they are at stake.
CASE BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE
CASE Special Board Meeting, Friday, June 23 at 12:00pm. The Board invites members to attend or to provide comments related to a proposal to increase CASE Dues by $5 to a total of $65 per month. CASE has only raised dues once in the past 20 years, and this small increase is needed as a result of inflation and to continue expanding programs and services for members, building on CASE’s growth over the past year. CASE is still a great value: dues will remain the second lowest of all the State bargaining units.
- Click here to request to attend the meeting and to review information on the proposal (password: membersmatter22)
- Click here to submit a comment to the Board regarding the proposed dues increase
DIR Bilingual Pay Win. Four members at DIR recently informed CASE that they had put their bilingual skills to use for the Department’s benefit over a year without DIR compensating them appropriately under Article 5.5 of the CASE MOU. Article 5.5 provides a $200 monthly differential for anyone using their bilingual skills on a continuing basis averaging 10% of the time or more in a conversational, interpretation, or translation setting, subject to requirements set out in the MOU. CASE Staff pursued a grievance on behalf of the members and successfully secured them two years of retroactive bilingual pay. Remember, as a member, if you need assistance ensuring that your department is complying with the MOU, you have access to CASE’s expert team of labor representatives who are ready to help.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News of interest to CASE legal professionals:
- L.A. has taken water from iconic Mono Lake for 82 years. Will California stop it? – CalMatters
- Republican states say SCOTUS pork ruling bolsters their case against California emissions standards – SF Chronicle
- CA Attorney General sues Elk Grove for denying affordable housing project – Culver City News
Professional Development Days – Use ‘Em or Lose ‘Em. CASE Members receive 5 professional development days each year. Unlike other types of leave that can rollover from year to year, your PDDs expire each fiscal year on June 30. You can check to see how much PDD time you have on the books to use up by referring to the Leave Balances box in your CalConnect Account. Unlike other leave balances which get lower with use, the “TRNG/DEV” line item that reflects PDD use counts up with usage. If the number in the far right box is less than 40, then you have PDD time to use.
Baseball Games are almost sold out! We have just a handful of tickets left for the following games in San Francisco, Fresno, San Diego, and Anaheim. Get yours today!
- Tuesday, June 20 – San Francisco Giants (vs. SD Padres) 6:45pm
- Thursday, July 20 – Fresno Grizzlies (vs. Modesto Nuts) 6:50pm
- Tuesday, July 25 – San Diego Padres (vs. Pittsburgh Pirates) 6:40pm
- Wednesday, August 9 – LA Angels (vs. SF Giants) 6:38pm
Tickets and details are available here (password: caseball2023)