Keeping you up-to-date on our work to increase your salary, improve and protect your benefits, and aggressively represent your professional interests in every forum where they are at stake.
CASE BOARD OF DIRECTORS UPDATE
CASE Supplemental Insurance Open Enrollment Starts Monday. Beginning Monday, CASE members can sign up for Accident Insurance and Critical Injury Insurance available through our group policy with The Standard. Open enrollment ends November 30 and this will be your only opportunity to enroll until Fall 2024.
For more information, including cost and coverage, please review the benefit summaries available here: Accident and Critical Injury. This Enrollment Guide contains information on how to log-in to the system.To access the enrollment portal, please visit the Supplemental Insurance page in the Member Center (password: membersmatter22).
CASE Member Sacramento Happy Hour. Sacramento-area CASE Members are invited to a members-only happy hour at CASE Headquarters on Thursday, November 16 from 4:00-6:00 pm. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow CASE Members and your CASE leadership. Light refreshments will be provided. To attend, please RSVP no later than Monday, November 13.
Next CASE Board Meeting-November 17. The next CASE Board of Directors meeting is Friday, November 17. Members who wish to attend virtually must sign up no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, November 16. The zoom link will be sent to all registered members on the morning of November 17.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
News of interest to CASE legal professionals.
- Meta sued by 42 attorneys general alleging Facebook, Instagram are addictive and target kids – CNBC
- Arrowhead bottled water company sues to continue piping from California forest – Los Angeles Times
- CPUC proposals for PG&E revenues insufficient for necessary safety work: CEO Poppe – UtilityDive.com
Help get ready for 2025. Today we’re unveiling two new resources to help us get ready for the next round of bargaining in 2025.
- Have a colleague who is leaving state service? Ask them to complete an Exit Interview. We’re working hard to compile data illustrating the retention problems that we know every CASE Member sees first hand at their workplace.
- We’re also relaunching our “What California Loses If It Loses Me” campaign to collect stories from all CASE Members about the invaluable service you provide to Californians – whether they realize it or not. We want to highlight real member stories throughout 2024. The more names and faces we can share with California and the administration, the bigger the impact will be.
These resources join the MOU suggestion box as opportunities for all members to get involved as we get closer to 2025.